School Holiday Ideas
22nd September 2021
As we enter school holidays across the country, families in some parts of Australia are facing the challenge of keeping kids entertained at a time when travel is restricted and entertainment destinations are closed.
The team at Snackables have put our heads together to come up with some ideas for fun activities that can be done at home, or in the local neighbourhood. We hope you find some inspiration here to keep the household entertained and having fun!
Fun in the Kitchen
- Learn how to make a new recipe to make for the family
- Decorate a cake, you might want to set up a challenge with others and send pictures or use facetime to compare results!
- Put together a fitness program that you do with the family everyday – it might be 10 star jumps, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-up etc. or take part in an online exercise class together
- Go for a bike ride
- Put on some rollerblades or grab your board and go for a skate
- Jump rope – you can do this solo or use a longer rope to include a friend or two
- Start a veggie or herb garden
- Organise a Scavenger hunt – set up challenges, hide items and leave clues!
- Camp in your garden
- Have a picnic at the local park or even in your garden
- Have a paper plane competition
- Organise races in the backyard or local park
Arts & Crafts
- Shadow drawing, leaf rubbing
- Chalk on the footpath or fence
- Learn to knit or finger knit
- Dress up and do a photo shoot
- Turn old clothes into clothes for your toys
- Set up a home cinema with ticket, popcorn, bean bags and watch a movie together
- Learn a new card game
- Keep a journal
- Have a Lego building challenge
Wishing you all some fun and relaxation in the school holidays!